Moss Motors, Ltd

Our Sites: Moss USA | Moss Europe
The Moss Motors Forum is now read-only for informational purposes. The Moss Motors forum was
formed at a time when other forums were just getting started and other forums have proven that they
are a better model. We closed the forum because there is an abundance of information on more popular
forums and anything that was being posted, and answered, on our site was diluting the general knowledge
base. We suggest you check out BritishCarForum.com and MGExperience.net for a start.
Welcome to Moss Motors, Ltd Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Centre speedo conversion

Last post 05-24-2010, 1:54 AM by OzC@Moss. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-22-2010, 11:03 AM 23154

Centre speedo conversion

hi all. this is my 1st post on here so please be gentle Big Smile

im looking at buying the complete centre clock conversion kit that moss sell.  It meant to come with everything.

has anyone else bought this and fitted it,  i only have a 998cc engine, so will my speedo reading be well out, will i need to get the speedo calibrated, for my mini to read correct, is it all easy to fit.

dos kit include oil pipe, speedo cable, bulbs?

any info welcome, before i pay out alot of money.

thank you

•  05-24-2010, 1:54 AM 23740 in reply to 23154

Re: Centre speedo conversion

Hi

The kit has everything that's needed to install...pretty easy to fit and the hardest part will be to change the speedo cable...bit of a tight squeeze down the back of the block but if you undo the top steady bar or bars if a comp one is fitted you can move the motor forwards to gain a little more access. The clock itself is calibraited for cars running 10" wheels with a 3.4:1 diff ratio so anything other than that combo will require re-calibration. 

Oz Cooper
    Classic Mini Guru UK