Moss Motors, Ltd

Our Sites: Moss USA | Moss Europe
The Moss Motors Forum is now read-only for informational purposes. The Moss Motors forum was
formed at a time when other forums were just getting started and other forums have proven that they
are a better model. We closed the forum because there is an abundance of information on more popular
forums and anything that was being posted, and answered, on our site was diluting the general knowledge
base. We suggest you check out BritishCarForum.com and MGExperience.net for a start.
Welcome to Moss Motors, Ltd Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Heritage Body Shells Gor MG Midgets (G-AN5)

Last post 03-03-2008, 1:56 PM by Dittybag. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-02-2008, 3:17 AM 13214

Heritage Body Shells Gor MG Midgets (G-AN5)

Hi To All

I have a 1974 MG Midget (G-AN5),  it is riddled with tin-worm on the back end, one of the welder I have had a price from, has quoted £2.5k worth of work to sort it, although he has advised it may be more cost effective to buy a heritage shell.

Is there many tweeks / mods required for the orginal equipment to fit the heritage shell.

Please advise, also which is the best club to join for advise. (I am in the Teesside area)

Regards

Mike

•  03-03-2008, 1:56 PM 13226 in reply to 13214

Re: Heritage Body Shells Gor MG Midgets (G-AN5)

I have been working to get a MGB body shell from the USA distributor, Roadster Factory.  After months of waiting for my shell to come in, I was informed today that the price of 8500.00 USD had escalated to 9,995.00 USD. Although there is a disclaimer in their catralogue that there many be a fluctuation of a few hundred dollars between the quotyed and final price.  An extract of the disclaimer reads in part, "Therefore, the final cost may not be known exactly until the body shell has been received here in the U.S. Orders will be taken with a non-refundable deposit of $2,500, and the final cost of the shell may vary from the price listed by several hundred dollars." Needless to say, a 20% increase is more than a "several hundred dollars." My advice is to be absolutely sure that you have the price and terms of any shell absolutely firm before doing any other work.  I have about 8,000 USD of other mechanical work that is wasted now that my body sheel deal has fallen through.