Moss Motors, Ltd

Our Sites: Moss USA | Moss Europe
The Moss Motors Forum is now read-only for informational purposes. The Moss Motors forum was
formed at a time when other forums were just getting started and other forums have proven that they
are a better model. We closed the forum because there is an abundance of information on more popular
forums and anything that was being posted, and answered, on our site was diluting the general knowledge
base. We suggest you check out BritishCarForum.com and MGExperience.net for a start.
Welcome to Moss Motors, Ltd Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Weber 45MCHH carburator

Last post 08-11-2009, 9:41 AM by mgcroadster. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-30-2007, 5:02 PM 10845

Weber 45MCHH carburator

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and joined with the specific purpose of finding out if anyone here has installed or had any experience with anyone that has installed this carb. It is meant to replace the ZS on 1975 and beyond MGB's with no removal of the existing manifold. Comes with a machined billet as an adapter. It is side draft single known as 45MCHH.

I have talked this through with a couple of people on oter forums and it seems to be quite a successful conversion

Filed under:
  •  10-31-2007, 8:41 AM 10862 in reply to 10845

Re: Weber 45MCHH carburator

We haven't as yet installed one on an MGB, but we have installed a pair on a TR6. They seem to be quite satisfactory, though like any Weber, there will be tuning needed, which involves the replacement of jets, tubes, correctors, venturris, etc. This isn't always needed for all situations, but at our altitude here at the foot of the Rockies, it is indeed always the case.
    Motorbill
    From Lola to Land Rover, If it's British and has wheels, it's likely I've bloodied me knuckles thereupon
  •  10-31-2007, 3:07 PM 10870 in reply to 10862

Hey motorbill66

Talked to a guy in Niagara Falls Ontario (Great Lakes level at least), installed 45 MCHH Weber, no jet change, no venturi changes, just the regular hose and connector changes with any Weber conversion,he's very pleased. Reports all runs well. Acceleration boost, horse power boost etc. And no hassle and expense of changing manifold/header et al. Kit sells retail for about $350.00 U.S.($345.00 Canadian these days)

I'm going to try it, I'll let you know results.

•  11-01-2007, 7:49 AM 10881 in reply to 10870

papalew,

Cool! Please DO let us know.

Motorbill
    From Lola to Land Rover, If it's British and has wheels, it's likely I've bloodied me knuckles thereupon
  •  02-10-2009, 8:01 AM 17949 in reply to 10870

Hey everyone, new 2 moss motors forum and need some help. I've been looking all over the internet to find someone to help and i hope this is the spot.I recently purchased  2x 45MCHH webers for my 75 TR6 but have been unsuccessful with complete installation due to the fact that i cannot get the choke cable to have enough slack 4 it 2 operate. I tried contacting weber but after 18 calls and no answer i begin to doubt if they will ever respond. If anyone has had similar problem  or knows how to fix please post. Also i was wondering how or if vacum advance is used on these webers. Thanx
    Filed under:
  •  08-05-2009, 9:53 PM 20545 in reply to 17949

Any update here? I am having the same problem.
  •  08-06-2009, 8:28 AM 20549 in reply to 17949

TRVtec:
    Hey everyone, new 2 moss motors forum and need some help. I've been looking all over the internet to find someone to help and i hope this is the spot.I recently purchased  2x 45MCHH webers for my 75 TR6 but have been unsuccessful with complete installation due to the fact that i cannot get the choke cable to have enough slack 4 it 2 operate. I tried contacting weber but after 18 calls and no answer i begin to doubt if they will ever respond. If anyone has had similar problem  or knows how to fix please post. Also i was wondering how or if vacum advance is used on these webers. Thanx

It seems they forgot to tell us that we need to cut 1/2 inch off the plastic sheath that covers the two into one cable connection. Take it apart so you don't accidently cut the cable. wrap some 1/2 in wide tape around it to give a uniform cut line . Then cut with a fine tooth hacksaw. Hope this helps. The mfg was very helpful.

Ed

http://www.mgccars.com/

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/?Click=13385 

•  08-11-2009, 9:41 AM 20614 in reply to 20549

Follow up on installation and performance.

These Carbs are performing very nicely excellent pull throughout the low mid and hi  rpm range. 

Ed

Mgccars.com

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/?Click=13385